URGENT: Jobs – Night Garden Live – Interviews early March for Overnight Site Team!
Looking for a summer job? Check out this amazing opportunity for joining the Overnight Site Team on the Night Garden Live Tour! Interviews are early March and so don’t delay!
Minor Entertainment was created in 2009 to create spectacular family theatre events in unique spaces. Over the last eight years our first production, In the Night Garden Live (ItNGL), has toured across the UK in a purpose-built inflatable theatre and has been seen by over 900,000 people. In 2018, ItNGL tours again to 4 venues in London, Birmingham and Manchester.
ItNGL tours in an inflatable showdome and you will take responsibility for the keeping the event site and showdome safe, secure and well maintained at each of our venues. During the build and load-out at each venue you’ll also monitor and control access to the site. During the performance period at each venue your main responsibility will be keeping the site safe & secure overnight. Your role will not be public facing and you will not be on shift whilst the show is open to the public. You will report to the Venue Manager.
Dates and hours:
• Contract dates would be Monday 7 May to Wednesday 22 August 2018.
• You’ll spend approximately four weeks based at each venue the tour visits.
Current tour dates are as follows:
• The O2, London (Performance dates: Thu 24 May – Sat 9 June)
• Old Deer Park, Richmond (Performance dates: Sat 16 June – Sun 1 July)
• Cannon Hill Park, Birmingham (Performance dates: Sat 7 July – Sun 22 July)
• The Trafford Centre, Manchester (Performance dates: Sat 28 July – Sun 19 August)
Your shift pattern will vary. During the build and load-out at each venue security will be required on a 24-hour basis split into day shifts and night shifts. During the performance period at each venue there will only be one day shift per week (on the day where there aren’t any shows) with all remaining shifts being overnight. You will have a minimum of two days off every fortnight.
You’re switched on, proactive and you work hard. You’re resilient and you’re a brilliant person to have in a team. You’re attentive to detail. You believe that, if a job is worth doing, it is worth doing well. You’ll ideally, but not essentially, have some experience working in temporary events or temporary venues. You’re flexible and willing to ‘muck in’, even if you feel something isn’t strictly your job. You’ll deal with conflicting demands in the right order and with a good sense of humour. You don’t mind getting your hands dirty.
We will pay the course costs for you to attend a 5-day training course as a door supervisor and we will also pay your licence application costs for an SIA licence. This means that when you have finished touring with us you will be free to apply for other jobs which require an SIA licence.
Ideally you will be based in London or you will have somewhere you can stay when you’re working at The O2 or in Richmond. When you are working in Birmingham or Manchester we’ll provide one standard, off-peak return rail ticket from the station nearest to your home address to each venue. We are also able to provide accommodation in Birmingham or Manchester.
• You’ll take responsibility for making sure that the event site is secure at all times.
• During the build and load-out at each venue you will control access to and from the site by crew, contractors and suppliers, making sure that no unauthorised vehicles or people are able to access the site.
• During every shift you’ll patrol the entire site regularly to ensure that it is secure and show a security presence at all times.
• You will complete security report sheets at the end of every shift.
• You will monitor site CCTV ensuring that coverage is maintained throughout our tenancy onsite.
• You will report any security issues to the onsite management team at the earliest possible opportunity.
• You will take appropriate action on discovering intruders to the site or on noticing suspicious behavior, always with appropriate consideration for personal and public safety.
• You will unlock the venue every morning and lock it up every evening.
• Along with the rest of the overnight team you will take responsibility for daily cleaning of the site as directed by the Venue Manager, including but not limited to litter picking, the cleaning of floors in public areas, cleaning the toilet units including WCs, cleaning the backstage office, greenroom and welfare facilities.
• You will be the first port of call for any site issues overnight when the rest of the team are offsite, so you will be briefed on noticing basic issues with the generator, power distribution and the inflatable venue and you will be responsible for alerting the appropriate member of the team out of hours if necessary.
• You’ll liaise and coordinate with existing venue security teams as require (at The O2 and intu Trafford Centre, specifically)
• You’ll take a flexible approach to any other reasonable duties that may be required of you during the contract.
Fee and expenses:
This is a salaried role paid at £500 per week, there will be some long weeks (where you may work every night, but offset with some short weeks where you will only work 3 nights). There will be an end of tour bonus of £400.
We will pay the course costs for you to attend a 5-day training course as a door supervisor and we will also pay your licence application costs for an SIA licence. This means that when you have finished touring with us you will be free to apply for other jobs which require an SIA licence. This is worth around £500 and you will then have this qualification for three years and can use elsewhere.
Holiday dates will be designated throughout the tour in line with statutory entitlements. On holiday days you’ll be paid in line with your average earnings throughout the tour.
How to apply:
Please email a covering letter (no more than 500 words please) and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Overnight Site Team Application” in the subject line.
In your covering letter please explain:
1) Why you want to work in our touring inflatable theatre;
2) Why you’re the person we should hire to look after our site;
3) How you’ll manage this role’s demands, whilst keeping a smile on your face.