Travel Blog of the Month: Explore with Ed
March’s Travel Blog of the Month winner is ‘Explore with Ed’, penned by Jamie Edwards (Ed). To learn more about his blogging inspiration and travel escapades, we asked him to fill in the Backpax Blogger Q&A…
Name: Jamie Edwards
Travel Blog: www.explorewithed.co.uk
1. When did you start your travel blog & what inspired you to set it up?
I started travel blogging after University as I wanted a space to share my passion for travel, photography and food. I was inspired by the blogging community as a whole; their desire to share stories with the world and pave their own path in life.
2. What is your favourite overseas travel destination?
I love how diverse France is, from the buzz of cities like Paris and Cannes, to the historical hillside villages in the Alpes-Maritimes region.
3. What’s your favourite travel memory?
There’s too many, but it would probably be with my family in Disney World Florida!
4. Which European city do you love most?
I love being based in Cardiff, it’s a young and thriving city with a growing food scene and plenty to explore in the area. Beyond the UK it’s a toss up between Palma de Mallorca, Rome and Cannes for their mix of history, culture, good food and weather.
5. What’s your favourite travel blog you’ve written called & why?
It’s light on words compared to other blogs, but I’m pleased with the photo and video content in my “Inspiring Photos of Rome at Night” post. It’s also proved popular for me on Pinterest and Instagram.
6. What future travel do you hope to have planned?
I’m planning to explore North Wales later this month for the first time, staying in the seaside town of Llandudno. I’ll then be boarding a cruise to Spain, visiting Valencia (the birthplace of Paella) and the cities of Barcelona and Malaga.
7. What three items are must-bring things for you on your trip (other than the essentials like passport etc)?
My DSLR camera kit, iPhone and their chargers so I can capture and share the whole trip!
8. What’s the best thing travel has taught you?
That leaving your comfort zone can give you the best experiences and memories.
9. What book would you recommend as a good read on a long trip?
I’m not much of a bookworm but I think it’s great to read up on the place you’re travelling to so you can find out about hidden gems from local experts. I often look up blogs or check out Trip Advisor so I know where’s good to eat and the best spots for photos.
10. Finally, what’s your favourite tipple?
Ginger beer, it’s warm, spicy and helps aid digestion if I over-indulge!