September 2017 Q&A: St Christopher’s Canal, Paris
For our September Q&A we managed to grab a few moments with Dustin Mills, the general manager of St Christopher’s Canal, Paris. He talks hostels, travel and his love of France’s capital city…
1. When did your the St Christopher’s Canal open?
2. When did you start & what do you like about working there?
I moved to Paris 3 years ago and it was a mixture of the city and the international atmosphere within St Christopher’s that made settle in so quickly. You really get the best of both worlds living in Paris and working in a hostel
3. What 3 words would you use to describe your hostel?
Social, Party and Relaxed!
4. Any future plans for your hostel?
We are currently looking at utilizing our outside space better by adding a pontoon & a new social space for our hostel guests – both exciting projects!
5. What do you love about Paris?
Paris has a charm about it, everyone who comes here feels it. Wander the streets of Paris and soak up the culture – not forgetting the the bread, wine & cheese!
6. We all know the ‘must see’ sights of Paris – do you have less well known sights you can recommend?
Most definitely, Paris has such great outdoor spaces & parks. Just up the road from our hostel is Parc Buttes Chaumont which is great in all seasons. It has great views of the city, many lawns and even a waterfall!
7. What backpacking experiences have you had?
Most recently I stayed at a few hostels in Budapest – which is an amazing city. I’d recommend adding it to your list if you haven’t already. Berlin is also a city I keep going back to, the city has had such an incredible history.
8. What is your favourite travel destination?
Besides the above – Thailand!
9. What’s your favourite travel memory?
A summer swim in the Rhine in Basel.
10. Finally, what’s your favourite tipple?
Monkey Shoulder on ice! (A blended Malt Scotch Whisky for those not in the know! – Ed)
Check out all of the St Christopher’s Inn network of fabulous backpacker hostels here!